Updated: Feb 24, 2019
Many times people associate event planners with hi-end budgeting, however, event pla can range in pricing and be very affordable depending on the det of the event. Whether you should entrust your event to an external planner is a huge decision that only you can make. Here are some pros and cons you should consider when hiring an event planner:
1. Focus. When you hire a planner they are able to give your event 1-on-1 attention and create a memorable event with little to no hands on from you, giving you the freedom to relax and enjoy your event with your guests.
2. Costs. Hiring a planner can vary in prices, sometimes becoming a bit expensive depending on your vision.
3. Travel and Accommodations. When you have guests coming from out of town, an even plannwe can help you find the best location for your guests to stay based on rates, locations, distanc, and etc.
4. Control. You have to give your planner some control over your event meaning you have to trust your planner will keep you in mind while making your event as wonderful as you had imagined.
5. Venue. A planner can help you find a beautiful location for your event within your budget and sometimes even negotiate a cheaper rate on services, saving you money in the long run and helping you stretch your budglet even further.
6. Setup and Breakdown. Setuping up events can have you running behind if you forget something or don’t have enough man power. A planner can make sure your event is setup before you arrive and have a checklist to keep up. Ideally, after the event is over you get to move to your next destination (ie. honeymoon, dinner, home, etc) while they stay behind and clean up. Leaving you with a stress free event.
So yes, although a planner may be an extra cost, they can save you time and money in the long run keeping you stress free. But don’t get focused on the costs, shop around for a planner within your budget and one that you trust and your event can still be a huge success.